Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

March 15, 2019

'Pearls Before Swine' and Speaking of Jung?

TALKING CARL JUNG WITH LAURA LONDON
Mick Fleetwood?!
Michael John Kells Fleetwood
As hinted at in my last post -
Some Skeptiko Pie in the Sky on Pi Day?

I don't always agree with Gordon White from the 'Rune Soup' blog, but I pretty much agree with him 100% about his views on Jung in this podcast with Laura London, especially  when Laura made the remark about pearls and swine when it comes to Jung's books.
Carl Gustav Jung
Kubrick shares the same birthday of July 26th with Jung
Although I'm not into Jungian analysis, I am a fan of Jung's woo woo work, such as his investigations into the I Ching and synchronicity ... especially synchronicity.
And if it wasn't for Jung we might not have sync-heads like
Jake Kotze doing such fine work like what Jake calls synchromysticism.
The name of Laura London's Jungian podcast
Just COINcidence?-)
Carl Jung was born in 1875, “The Year of the Pig.”
To Heinrich Zimmer

Dear Professor Zimmer, 12 December 1938

Your little book
Weisheit I ndiens1 arrived safely and I also found in it your gladdening dedication which, however, keeps it a secret that everything I know comes from my mastery of not-knowing.
This is attested by the fact that I was born in

1875, the year of the pig.
I shall especially enjoy the
“Sinnbilder” and will read
“Die Geschichte vom Konig mit dem Leichnam”4 devoutly for the third time.
With cordial thanks and many good wishes for the coming festivities,

Yours ever,

C.G. Jung ~Carl Jung
, Letters Vol. 1, Page

Note: Two of the chapters in Zimmer’s book. The second one is republished in
The King and the. Corpse ( 1948}, pp. 202ff.

I'm not into books like The Bible for anything more than
a pop-cultural study into the phenomena of synchromysticism, as to me The Bible is just a collection of man-made writings and just more BS (belief systems ... of this planet that is;-) to wade through.
But I do believe that there is a baby in the bathwater when it comes to The Bible ... not a pig.
And I was synchromystically amused when I looked up what Jesus is to have supposedly said about pearls, swine and dogs.
What did Jesus mean when He said to not cast your pearls before swine (Matthew 7:6)?
"Answer: “Do not cast your pearls before swine” is a portion of the Sermon on the Mount, and, to understand its meaning, we have to understand its context and placement within the sermon.
Before Jesus says, “Do not cast your pearls before swine,” He says, “Do not give dogs what is sacred.”
An analogy mentioning dogs is also used in Proverbs: “As a dog returns to its vomit, so a fool repeats his folly” (Proverbs 26:11).
A dual reference to swine and dogs is also found in 2 Peter 2:22, “Of [false teachers] the proverbs are true: ‘A dog returns to its vomit,’ and, ‘A sow that is washed goes back to her wallowing in the mud.’
In His sermon, Jesus uses dogs and pigs as representative of those who would ridicule, reject, and blaspheme the gospel once it is presented to them."
Ironiclly (or should that be synchromystically?), the Year of the Pig follows the Year of the Dog.
Sow (:-)), listen to Gordon's podcast at 'Rune Soup' and bear in mind the above ... that's if I'm not just casting pearls before swine;-)
And now after Laura saying how Jung's angel looks like
Mick Fleetwood to her, I'll never be able to get that thought out of my head when I see that image.
Thanks Laura.
From Jake Kotze's Instagram feed
Have a happy 2019 ... whatever your BS is (belief systems ... of this planet that is;-).

UPDATE: March 15th, 2019
No sooner had I put this post up I saw
the latest 'Conecting with Coincidence' podcast was on my iTune podcast list, so I had a listen while doing the washing up of my breakfast dishes and I was stunned that Dr. Beitman started off his show by telling the coincidence story of the two Lauras?!
Because if you took notice in the post above it was Laura London who Gordon White interviewed at his 'Rune Soup' podcast.
Dr. Beitman then goes on to interview Magda Osman about coincidence and BS (Belief Systems) -
CCBB: Magda Osman - The Practical Reasons for Paying Attention to Coincidences
I've written posts before about Dr. Beitman you may have read such as this one last February -
As Above, So Below with Dr. Bernard Beitman?
"Pigs a##" you say?-)

No comments:

Post a Comment