Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

October 13, 2019

Close Encounterer?

Close Encounters of the Third Kind (1977)
I wrote about listening to a 'Radio Misterioso' podcast in my last post -
August 11, 11:11 and Rainbow People?
Is that something from Easter Island?-)
And tonight I wanted to listen to something while I was doing the washing up and cleaning around my home, so I scrolled down and saw Mike Clelland had been on the podcast, so I gave that episode a listen -
Radio Misterioso Podcast: Mike Clelland: The Owl Man
At one point in the podcast there was talk about the eye rolling terms "abductee" and "experiencer" and that if there was a better term Mike would be happy to use it.
Not being an "abductee" or "experiencer" myself I thought what term could a person use to someone like me who cringes when I hear someone describe themselves to me in those terms?
I thought if they called themselves a "close encounterer" and maybe threw a number before or after the term as to how close that encounter was I would probably think that was pretty cool and I might just be a bit envious of them, instead of thinking they were either New Agers or one of those "they' re out to get me" types for using those old terms.
It's not that I would or wouldn't believe them any more or less for using those current terms, it's just that the terms seem so off putting from the get go ... to me anyway.
No one seems to have a problem using the term "closer encounter" when talking about a UFO encounter they have had, that I know of anyway, so why not stick an "er" on the end and call yourself an encounterer?
Just my 2 cents worth as far as paranormal thoughts go, not that I expect anyone to give a hoot about what I think:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment