Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

October 6, 2019

Bad Omens: The Final Finals Conflict ... For 2019?

It's rather Tricksterish how a post I wrote in August about an asteroid due on Sam Neill's birthday of September 14th -
Bad Omens: The Final Conflict?
could come back to haunt me on the night that blew apart my two football teams 2019 season on the same night of September 14th, like I was some author mentioned in Jeff Kripal's book
'Authors of the Impossible'.
The night of September 14th was a Giant 2019 footballing apocalypse for my favourite teams in two different football codes, the Brisbane Lions in the AFL and the Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks in the NRL, who just happened to be playing knockout finals at the same time.
I just knew that I was in for a bad night when I saw an orange moon rising over the Gabba just as the game was about to start between the GWS Giants and the Brisbane Lions, as the Giants colours consist mainly of orange as the dominant colour.
The orange moon coming up over
the Gabba
September 14th, 2019
Looking from my vantage point on
the night of
September 14th, 2019
As I was heading off to the game I had read on the ABC news site about the passing of Paul Cronin, Australian actor and ex-club president of the old Brisbane Bears AFL club, which later merged with the Fitzroy Lions from Melbourne to become the Brisbane Lions.
I found out that following Sunday after the game that Paul had passed away on Friday the 13th of September, which is the date my father passed away on three years previously.
There was a one minute silence before the match for Paul Cronin and Danny Frawley who both passed away that week. 
And the Brisbane Lions were wearing two black arm bands on the night.
If that wasn't sad enough things were really going to get a lot sadder for me and my teams that night when their seasons would come to abrupt halts.
The one minute silence for the two recent
 deaths
in the AFL world that week
I guess I should have seen the writing on the wall that the signs weren't good for my teams that night.
For instance Elle MacPherson who plays one of the sirens to
Sam Neill's Norman Lindsay in the movie 'Sirens' used to be the #1 badge holder of the Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks, but now it's the current Prime-minster of Australia, Scott Morrison.
Scott Morrison
Elle MacPherson
That just wasn't going to go down well for the Sharks on the night of Sam Neill's birthday -
Great (Jake) Scott!!! More Siren Connections?
Oh well, like we always say (barring 2016) at the Sharks,
"there's always next year", but hopefully not for that guy pictured swimming on the Time cover above:-)
And besides it's not like we got smashed out of the finals to a record defeat of 58-0 like some other Bozos:-)
58-0 (5+8=13:-)
Well at least that result brought a smile to my face, as that is one NRL club I can't stand.
And it's not like the Brisbane Lions ended the 2019 season with a record AFL grand final loss like the Giants did:-)
I'll be going for the Canberra Raiders (AKA The Green Machine) in this afternoon's NRL grand final, but even if the Roosters win and go back to back, it will still be alright by me, as it will overshadow the Broncos back to back titles in the 90s.
Canberra, Raiders and the Green Machine?
So happy birthday Sam, it certainly won't be a night I'll forget in a hurry ... although I will TRY to forget:-)

UPDATE:
Synchromystically, I did a search on Apple Podcasts to see if 
Jeff Kripal had been on any recent podcasts and found one at the
'Radio Misterioso' podcast dated September 13th, 2019:-)
Radio Misterioso Podcast: Jeff KripalMeaning vs. Mechanism
Inconceivable ... or not so inconceivable, when you listen to the subject matter talked about on that particular podcast episode?-)

UPDATE:
More bad final sign(al)s today if you are a Canberra Raiders fan?
Does this mean six again, or all aboard
 the 2019 GF train-wreck?
It must mean all aboard then?-)
I think Russell Crowe summed up the 2019 grand final in his tweet.
Maybe next year Canberra fans, as us Sharks supporters always tell ourselves (barring 2016)?

No comments:

Post a Comment