Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

October 5, 2019

In the Art of Comedy (Life/Synchromysticism) Timing is Everything in a World Gone Mad?

Pogo (comic strip)?
The KING of Comedy/Horror?-)
Joaquin Phoenix in Joker (2019)
Oh ... and that last You Tube was Barry Crocker singing 'Send in the Clowns'.
You might remember me writing about Barry Crocker in this post -
Unresolvable Conundrums: Ride Like a Girl Flogging a Dead Horse?
Remember, remember the ... 4th of November?!
Looks like this November could be one to remember in Hong Kong, maybe?
Bad Omens: The Final Conflict?
Ah, just keep telling yourself IT's just a ride OK?-)
IT's Just a Ride?
10 Years old this year, just sayin':-)
The PRC turned 70 this year, too?
Well, if someone in a mask doesn't stop me I could keep going down this rabbit hole forever ... and ever in one Infinite Jest.
"The "clowns" in the title do not refer to circus clowns.
Instead, they symbolize fools, as Sondheim explained in a 1990 interview:
I get a lot of letters over the years asking what the title means and what the song's about; I never thought it would be in any way esoteric.
"I wanted to use theatrical imagery in the song, because she's an actress, but it's not supposed to be a circus it's a theater reference meaning "if the show isn't going well, let's send in the clowns"; in other words, "let's do the jokes." 
I always want to know, when I'm writing a song, what the end is going to be, so "Send in the Clowns" didn't settle in until I got the notion, "Don't bother, they're here", which means that "We are the fools."
In a 2008 interview, Sondheim further clarified:
"As I think of it now, the song could have been called

"Send in the Fools".
I knew I was writing a song in which DesirΓ©e is saying, "aren't we foolish" or "aren't we fools?" Well, a synonym for fools is clowns, but "Send in the Fools" doesn't have the same ring to it.""
Just keep walking ... and smiling is optional in these serious times I think;-)
The Fool's Journey of CLIFF Booth?-)

No comments:

Post a Comment