Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

October 11, 2019

Judy & Punch Going the BIFF the Weekend Joker Comes Out?

I picked up a BIFF (Brisbane International Film Festival) program when I went to see 'Once Upon a Time ... in Hollywood' for the second time -
Edutainment: Understanding That the Movie IS the Movie?
and saw that the opening party and screening for the BIFF film festival was celebrating a movie called 'Judy & Punch', starring Damon Herriman, who played Charles Manson in the movie I was seeing at the cinema the day I picked up the BIFF program.
Ironically, 'Judy & Punch' was opening BIFF the same day 'Joker' hit Brisbane cinema screens.
'Joker' hit Australian screens on October 3rd, not October 4th like in the USA.
Joker/Fool?
Give me four letters like BIFF and my mind will amuse itself with BIFF movie connections everywhere:-)
And while I knew little about 'Judy & Punch' at the time, I soon found out critics didn't seem to be throwing rotten tomatoes at it, even if it looked more like a Dismaland production, rather than a Disney one (which it is not);-)
Artists Dissecting Pop-culture and Life on Earth?
I must admit to tinges of childhood nostalgia when I saw 
Punch and Judy was more or less being made into a live action film:-)
Sent me back to those preschool days of popular puppet shows put on for pupils.
I kind of regret not going to the opening night screening at BIFF now, but I will see this movie at the cinema when it hits cinema screens in my hometown of Brisbane.
But I ain't going to talk about 'Judy', which starts next week here in Oz.

No comments:

Post a Comment