Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

October 27, 2019

A Lonely Little Petunia?

I was in my backyard the other day and a flash of red caught my eye and then I saw it was a flower growing off what at first I thought was a weed next to my sewer pipe.
I took the above photos on my cell phone to my mother and asked her if she knew what the flower was and she told me it was a petunia, because she used to grow them all the time back at her old house.
Then she started singing a song I don't recall hearing since kindergarten, called 'I'm a Lonely Little Petunia in an Onion Patch'.
I have no idea how a petunia found its way into my backyard as there are none growing in my neighbour's yards from what I can see.
I said to her that she could have the flower if she wanted it for her yard, if I could manage to dig it out without damaging the roots. 
Mum said she would have it so I dug it out and it has been transplanted to a new home and away from a sewer pipe, which would probably smell worse than an onion patch if that pipe had have leaked onto it:-)
"Petunia is genus of 20 species of flowering plants of 
South American origin.
The popular flower of the same name derived its epithet from the French, which took the word petun, meaning "tobacco," from a Tupi–Guarani language.
An annual, most of the varieties seen in gardens are hybrids (Petunia × atkinsiana, also known as Petunia × hybrida)."
Thank You for Smoking?
A print I bought off a South American painter
The Zeitgeist: Water is My Eye Most Faithful Mirror?
I have a sneaking suspicion that the storm of October 17th had something to do with planting that seed in my backyard, because it wasn't there a week ago.
An' pray for the thunder and the rain to quietly pass me by ...?
"Petunias are generally insect pollinated, with the exception of 
P. exserta, which is a rare, red-flowered, hummingbird-pollinated species."
We don't have hummingbirds in Australia, so maybe it was a Crowe?-)
Robert Irwin's 'Bird of Paradise' print
Hummingbird Medicine?

No comments:

Post a Comment