Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

October 22, 2019

From Bush Christmas to Bombshell?

I've been on a bit of a Nicole Kidman movie watching binge of late, after watching her in Sophia Coppola's movie 'The Beguiled' when I was on my Sophia Coppola directed movie watching binge a week back, I decided to try and watch what I could find of the movies I haven't seen of Nicole's, which would be about half of them.
I'll Never Get Out of This World Alive?
Nicole's first acting credit according to her IMDB page is a movie called 'Bush Christmas' and as luck would have it I found it on Amazon Prime and watched it.
And on a grim synchromystic note, with the horse racing bombshell dropped on the Australian national ABC TV network last Thursday, Nicole's first movie revolves around a racehorse named Prince, and the top movie at the Australian box-office last week was a movie based on the real life drama of a racehorse named
Prince of Penzance that won the Melbourne Cup with the first ever winning female jockey of that race on his back.
'We' should act on horse racing ...
Hundreds of racehorses sent to slaughterhouses in contravention of racing rules
Unresolvable Conundrums: Ride Like a Girl Flogging a Dead Horse?
Bush Christmas (1983) starring Nicole Kidman
The scandal that broke on Australian national TV centered on a slaughterhouse where healthy ex-racehorses ended up at, in
Keith Urban's hometown of Caboolture in Queensland, Australia, to be slaughtered in horrific style.
Keith of course is Nicole's husband.
I have cousins that live just outside of that town and they never knew about this place.
I've been a horse-racing fan for nearly all of my life and I never knew about this place, or the practice of slaughtering live healthy horses.
I'm as appalled as any horse-lover who watched that TV news story, but my experience from being at racetracks in my youth (I haven't been to a racetrack in about 20 years, not that I mind going) is that most people in the industry really do love horses and wouldn't want healthy horses sent to places like that and to see them suffer like that.
No healthy horses should be sent to places like this in Australia and this kind of practice should be stamped out for good.
Not to take the heat off the racing bodies, but I'd like to know where the RSPCA was in the last two years of this investigation, and why did this investigation even take two years before something was aired to the public?
I noticed in the end credits to 'Bush Christmas' that it was filmed on location in the Beaudesert Shire, Queensland.
Which brings back my worst ever memory of going to the races with my father, when I saw a horse die and this was one of my first outings to a race track.
It was the Beaudesert racetrack and I was about 8 or 9 and there was a two horse race and I asked my dad to put a dollar on the outsider in the race for me, as I had never seen a two horse race before, but I'd heard the old insult of you couldn't pick the winner of a two horse race if you tried, so I wanted to see if I could.
The horse I had my money on led all the way, but as it was about to go past the winning post it fell after putting a hoof into a pothole in the turf and it broke it's neck.
The jockey had gone flying into the ground and the horse got up and raced around into the back straight and collapsed.
The vet went out to examine the horse and after a while a screen was brought out and put around the horse and it was shot and then placed on a truck and taken away.
I was devastated that not only could I not pick the winner of a two horse race, but it should have won the race if it hadn't have tripped, broke its neck and then been shot.
I think it took me over a year before I would go to the races with my dad again, but I never saw another horse get put down again in all my time at the track since that day at the Beaudesert racetrack
Ironically, Nicole's latest movie role is in a movie about a real life newsroom scandal.
It's a pretty safe bet to say that more scandals will rise from the depths of society in the coming years.
Now what movie is next on my Amazon Prime Nicole Kidman playlist?
BMX Bandits, where Nicole plays Judy?
 The Pineapple Princesses of Oz?
Sounds like another classic movie doesn't it?-)

No comments:

Post a Comment