Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

October 9, 2019

The Sync Books – What a Trip!?

I wrote a post a while back about a bloke who was bagging us sych-book-heads titled -
An Introduction to Synchromysticism?
and the other day I noticed that my old post was getting a few hits, so I did something I don't often do and followed the link back to this post that JLB had written after giving both Sync Books a read -
The Sync Books – What a Trip!
I must say that unlike a lot of things JLB writes at his blog like his flat earth stuff, at least I agree with him about his sync books review.
And I must say that I was surprised to see that Jon seemed to enjoy the latest 'Joker' movie as much as I did, when he gave a review of seeing the movie in Thailand the week it opened.
Joker (2019) Film Review [No Spoilers]
I liked his review in the You tube above, but there are two bones I have to pick with Jon.
$8.50 (Australian dollars) adult tickets
 at a
Brisbane cinema 
I saw 'Joker' at a Brisbane suburban cinema for $8.50 and that's an adult ticket with no movie club perks attached.
And there are plenty of cinemas in and around Brisbane where the price is the same.
Sometimes you can find cheaper tickets, also.
Secondly, that scene where Jon says that he didn't laugh, but the Thai's did, well while it may not have been a full cinema I saw the film in, most of the audience in the cinema did chuckle (including me) at that scene.
It was a bit like the situation in the Stephen Hawking cartoon below where you are thinking poor guy, I wouldn't want to be in your situation in that situation.
It's not like I'm laughing at the guy being in a wheelchair, I'm laughing at the irony that while an able body person may even find the task hard, a person in this situation would really be thinking that there is no God, just some cosmic Joker having a laugh.
Stephen Hawking's Final Theory: The Universe is a Hologram?
Yeah, that was a Barry Crocker of a joke, I guess:-)
Unresolvable Conundrums: Ride Like a Girl Flogging a Dead Horse?
In the Art of Comedy (Life/Synchromysticism) Timing is Everything in a World Gone Mad?
I saw it again tonight with my boys at a different Brisbane cinema and still paid $8.50:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment