Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

August 8, 2022

13 Lives and the Death Card?

As fate would have it ... or so it seems to me ... I watched the new movie Thirteen Lives’ on Amazon Prime last night, right after reading about and researching the #13 Death card of the tarot, which is the subject of the chapter that I’m currently up to in my reading of Jung and Tarot: An Archetypal Journey which seems rather good timing.
I’ve been waiting to see this movie on the screen, but I was planning on seeing it on a much bigger screen ... but if you want to make God laugh, tell God your plans, don’t they say -
Earth Swallows Boys and Boy Swallows Universe?
I liked this movie, but would have preferred seeing it in a cinema instead of on my iPad screen.

2 comments:

  1. The death card in the is one of the most interesting. Usually it doesn't mean death. It indicates the end of something, but not necessarily the end of physical life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's my point Trish ... SPOILER ALERT ... none of the boys die (although 2 divers did) so it's like they face death in the underground/cave (see my post about the movie 'The Black Phone) and are transformed from their "near death" experience, so to speak.

    ReplyDelete