Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

August 1, 2022

Tarot, The Lover/s ... and a Fear of Flying?

Well this is a bizarre “coincidence” I must say, as at the moment I’m reading two books on the go, ‘Jung and Tarot: An Archetypal Journey’ and Erica Jong’s semi-autobiographical novel ‘Fear of Flying’ which I read alternatively when I need a break from the other book.
Not that I’m into “zipperless f#cks” and casual sex, but Erica’s book is worth a read I think, even though I’m still only halfway through it yet.
I had just read the chapter in the tarot book about The Lover/s card, which I found confusing, as I have the Smith/Waite deck and in the book only the Tarot of Marseilles card is explained, which to me doesn’t make much sense, as they are basically totally different symbolic cards.
So I searched for podcasts featuring The Lovers card from the deck I have and stumbled across a ‘Tarot Bytes’ podcast episode about that card which was uploaded on March 26th (2017) which also happens to be Erica Jong’s birthday.
I wrote a post about picking Erica’s book out of my bookshelf on March 26th this year, not knowing that was her birthday -

No comments:

Post a Comment