Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

August 17, 2022

The Sun Card Reversed ... Black Joy ... NOPE?🌞🌒

I couldn’t help thinking after seeing the movie ‘NOPE’ with my son (sun?-) on MOONday night and after watching the NOPE round table discussion in the You Tube below where Jordan Peele mentions “Black joy”, how the movie had The Sun card reversed type of theme, whether we go with the RWS card with the white baby on a white horse, or the French deck with the two siblings (?) playing under a cloudless sky.
Especially when The Sun card follows The Moon card in the deck -
Twin Peaks and The Moon Card?🌓
And I get the “screen is the monolith”/ “the UFO is the Hollywood/fame game machine” angle of the film that Jordan is trying to convey, but that’s for another post, maybe?
I went to see the movie hoping to watch an entertaining UFO/alien movie, and on that level it doesn’t work ... at least not for me.
Did I like NOPE ... NOPE?👎👽

No comments:

Post a Comment