Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

May 15, 2019

Syncwalking the Labyrinth and Awakening at the Center of the Mandala?

I listened to an old '42 Minutes' podcast with the illustrator of the 'Sync Books 1 & 2', Justin Gray Morgan from 2011 and found it personally intriguing, as I've been reading about labyrinths, mandalas and mazes lately.
42 Minutes Podcast 12.06.11 Episode 8: Justin Morgan "Awakening At The Center Of The Mandala"
"The process is threefold: the entering, the centering, and the return.
Like life, we enter and exit through the same door, thus, the Labyrinth offers a strategy for finding balance within the flow of change.
Winter's Labyrinth
, a coming of age story told in four seasons, leads the reader into a circuitous adventure of self discovery–finding at center, the very heart of being–and then returning back to the world, that transformation.
Cover design by
Justin Gray Morgan"
42 Minutes Podcast 05.08.12 Episode 31: Douglas Bolles
I wrote about walking a labyrinth in a public park not too far from where I live, that my local council built with some of my rate money -
Which Life Path to Take?
I'm reading the above book where the author states that you can get similar benefits mentally by "walking" a finger labyrinth.
You can even get apps for your phone for finger labyrinths to let your fingers do the walking:-)
 But if you go to the ABC 'Conversations' podcast site you can finger walk their logo for free;-)
Although, looks like you'll only get half way through that one and then you'll have to turn back.
I've invented all kinds of ways to walk the labyrinth and be with spirit, such as filling my glass of Johnnie Walker whiskey, drinking half while walking to the center to put my whiskey on the rocks to contemplate if the glass is half full or not, then drinking the rest on the way out.
By then I've usually ripped my clothes off and am swimming in the duck pond.
That duck looks like it's in the
center of its own
mandala
Try doing all that with a finger labyrinth;-)
Cheers and keep walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment