Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

May 6, 2019

Under the Milky Way and the Southern Cross Tonight?

The Southern Cross or the Crux from my backyard tonight
My cell phone isn't very good when
it comes to shooting stars;-)
I'm not very good at identifying stars in the night sky, but tonight as I'm sitting out in the backyard looking up at the stars I see a group of stars pointing south that looked like the Southern Cross constellation on the Australian national flag.
Luckily I had my phone handy and checked with my 'Night Sky' app and found out that yes it was the Southern Cross.
I'm glad I took Gordon White's advice to download this free app, as it has come in handy for me lately when staring at the stars ... and even the ground, as the 'Night Sky' app seemingly x-rays the ground and shows you whats on the other side ... of the earth sky that is.
I was out in the backyard Friday night when the local Catholic school was letting off some fireworks for their Mayfair and I thought I should spend more time out here at night watching the stars and learning a few names from my 'Night Sky' app.
Fireworks last Friday night
For a minute there I thought they
were making black holes;-)
Ring of the Phoenix?
The poor old neighbourhood crows wondered what had just happened in the sky on Friday night and afterward were flying from tree to tree crowing to let the others know that the world had not ended ... yet;-)
I think the school should have had the fireworks go off on Saturday May the 4th myself;-)
Beltane: As Above, So Below and See You on the Other Side?

No comments:

Post a Comment