Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

May 6, 2019

The Problem with Safetyism and Eyeballs?

Timing is everything for me when it comes to listening to a podcast, reading a book or seeing a movie it seems.
I'm listening to the latest OG podcast this morning featuring Jonathan Haidt -
And he says in the podcast how people have an irrational fear of flying and then says how statistics prove flying is much safer than driving.
Yeah, I know that, but I still hate flying, because I'm not in control of the plane.
At least when driving on the road, even though I know it is very dangerous, I feel like I have some control of the situation at hand.
And sure enough, as soon as Jonathan tries to show me his side of the argument I see this news story below happening in real time and think to myself, this doesn't help my irrational fear of flying at all, but there is an Erica Jong book in my bookcase I've been meaning to read for years called 'Fear of Flying', so maybe I should blow the dust off it and read it?
Maybe I should buy her last fiction book 'Fear of Dying' and give it a read, as well?
Megxit
Maybe I should give Erica's book 'Megan's Two Houses' a read, too?
Jonathan also talks about eyes and scratched eyeballs and how scratching an eyeball is something you really don't want to do to your eyes in life.
I was reading chapter 55 of Wayne Dyer's book
'I Can See Clearly Now' last night and Wayne obviously couldn't see too clearly when he wrote about a remote healing from the infamous "John of God" and waking up the next morning with scratched eyeballs.
I like Wayne Dyer, but my spidey senses about "John of God" was to avoid this illusionist at all costs and this was a feeling I had going back decades when I would hear and see stories about this Brazilian "healer".
I always thought this guy was using the placebo effect on these people who went to him (which does work by the way), but there was something about that guy I didn't like.
Turns out I was right when this guy got arrested, but I had no idea back then how bad this guy would turn out to be ... and obviously Wayne couldn't see it at all.
Woman behind the arrest of faith healer John of God after claiming he was running a 'sex slave farm' commits suicide at her home in Barcelona
I won two tickets in a newspaper competition when Wayne toured my hometown of Brisbane with Deepak Chopra, Doreen Virtue and Louise Hay.
People had paid $380 a ticket for the ones like I had won and while I liked listening to Wayne and Deepak that day for free, there is no way in hell I would have paid $380 of my money to listen to this stuff.
It actually put me off these guys for quite a while, as I thought they were just doing this stuff for the money and fame ... which I still think they kind of were back then.
My father-in-law at the time who has since passed away was a big reader of Deepak's books, even though he said he was an atheist and didn't believe in "new age mumbo jumbo", but he gladly took the other ticket to see Deepak on the day.
I still haven't read any of Deepak's books to this day, but I do like some of the things he says on You Tube and in a few movies I've seen him in, but he does tend to speak in "word salads" that don't seem to mean a lot to me.
But I do like and agree with his take on the modern western medical practitioners that he tells Richard Dawkins about in this clip below.
And while I'm no fan of Richard Dawkins and his atheist views on the world, I'm glad that there are people like him "trying to keep the bastards honest", as we say in Australia, as some people are just too gullible when it comes to "new age" BS.
But I like this latest Osher GΓΌnsberg Podcast, as it's all food for thought, whether we agree with the views expressed, or not I think.
Zucked In: Thought Food Addiction?
But I really fear flying now ... and Facebook and social media:-)
But at least I'm no where near as fearful of life and death as Doreen Virtue is these days with her newly acquired Christian fundamentalist views on life -
Pulling Your Own Strings?
So who is pulling the strings when it comes to our own lives, Us or them?-)

No comments:

Post a Comment