Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

May 20, 2019

Synchromysticism, Mega-Synchronicity, Chance and COINcidence?

COINcidence? Head or tales?-)
The Many Faces of COINcidence?
I've been reading a book that I stumbled across by chance after having given up finding a copy on the shelves of a bookshop in Brisbane where months ago the author had given a talk about the book, which I had missed -
The Dance of Chance for an Avid Reader?
I been reading Laurence Browne's book
'The Many Faces of Coincidence' and as far as thought food goes, it is a metaphorical protein shake for the mind as far as reading about the subject of chance and synchronicity goes.
I highly recommend the book and I've only just made it through the first two chapters, which I feel is worth buying the book on those two chapters alone.
If you have been reading my more recent posts you will see that my not so current fascination is with the subject of synchromysticism.
Life is more magic than chaos I think
Here is a passage from page 73 of the book
'The Many Faces of Coincidence' which I feel goes a long way to explaining what synchromysticism is all about -
"It might [therefore] not be too far-fetched to regard synchronistic experiences as specific instances of a massive synchronistic event that includes the collective self-sense of the entire human race and is taking place within a vast 'moment' of time that for each of us individually emerges at birth and ceases[?] at death.
In the unimaginable eons of time in which cosmology deals, the period in which self-aware human beings have existed on the face of the Earth is hardly equivalent to the blink of an eye.
Perhaps one reason why synchronicites are so fascinating and genuinely numinous for those who experience them is that they somehow echo or resonate with the underlying parallelism of the vast and collective 'mega-synchronicity' in which we find ourselves."   
Personal (inner) Guidance System?
The Apophenia of Oz in 02019?

No comments:

Post a Comment