Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

November 22, 2017

Loving Vincent: A Work of Art Imitating Life?

I saw the movie 'Loving Vincent' at the cinema last week and ... well ... loved it.
"In a story depicted in oil painted animation, a young man comes to the last hometown of painter Vincent van Gogh to deliver the troubled artist's final letter and ends up investigating his final days there."
"Each of the film's 65,000 frames is an oil painting on canvas, using the same technique as Van Gogh, created by a team of 100 painters."
I also saw an exhibition at a local art gallery which featured another artist named Vincent -
I Think All People Are Stories
I actually saw 'Loving Vincent'  in the same cinema that I saw 'Happy Death Day' in, but this time there was three other people in the cinema and not just me sitting in the cinema by myself.
'Happy Death Day' was a Real Nightmare I Think;-)
I'm a big Vincent van Gogh fan and designed the above t-shirt which I would wear every year around New Year's Day until I got the shirt caught on something and tore it so badly that I used it as a rag until I threw it out.
Happy New 'ears
 'Loving Vincent' reminded me a lot of a film Paul Cox made called 'Vincent'.
That film was narrated by John Hurt, who passed away this year.
And Paul Cox passed away in 2016.
I also thought it was rather synchy that in an article in the November edition of the Australian 'Rolling Stone' magazine was a page reviewing upcoming movies for the holiday season that was fast approaching.
The 'New Hope for Hollywood' article in the Rolling Stone magazine made no mention of the movie 'Loving Vincent', probably because it's not a Hollywood movie, but I couldn't help noticing the plug for St. Vincent's new album which was released on Friday the 13th of October, 2017.
The album peaked at number 10 on the Billboard 200 becoming St.Vincent's first top ten album in the United States.
I also thought it was rather synchy that there was also a Marilyn Manson ad next to the same article advertising Manson's new album which came out in October.
Even though this 'Rolling Stone' magazine has the month of November on it's masthead it really came out in October, but it was still a coincidence that Charlie Manson would die in November ... and on my old wedding anniversary too, I might add:-)
MARILYN MANSON MOURNED ON TWITTER, CONFUSING HIM FOR DEAD MASS MURDERER CHARLES
Remember, Remember the 19th of November ... Some Dates Are Made Not to Be Forgot?
I'll have to grab a copy of the new December issue of 'Rolling Stone' and see what's being divined this month for next month and the New 'ear;-)
The Grasshopper In The Van Gogh
"Conservator Mary Schafer had been examining some paintings at the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art in Kansas City, Mo., placing each one under a microscope for a detailed look — when, remarkably, she stumbled on a weird substance stuck in the thick layers of paint on Van Gogh's piece.
There, tucked in the shade cast by the olive tree in the painting's right foreground, a curious, fragmented object stared back at her.
"She initially thought it was just leaf matter," Aimee Marcereau DeGalan, the museum's senior curator of European art, tells
NPR.
Given the fact Van Gogh did a lot of his painting outside, "it's not unusual to find parts of leaves or dirt or sand" in some of his works.
Then she made out its head
."
It looks like we aren't in Kansas anymore with all of these Vincent stories plaguing us in the media recently;-)
Find the grasshopper in this painting?-)

No comments:

Post a Comment