Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

April 16, 2020

An 'Extinction Rebellion' Event, Australia Zoo and Walking with the Past?

Well, it looks like Mindy ran a good election campaign in my local council election by the results displayed on her Facebook page:-) 
I wrote a post about my cross suburb road-trip to the polling booth to vote early on a Monday that the Queensland Premier advised residents to stay in their suburbs ... unless you had to go out and vote that is, for that coming weekend council elections -
"Queenslanders have been advised to “stay in your state, stay in your suburb” but by-elections and council elections will still go ahead."?!
Guess who's not getting my vote come this October?-)
That Monday I had planned to visit Bindi, not vote for Mindy, but as fate would have it, that Monday I did vote for Mindy (not that I had set out to) and postponed my trip to Bindi's Zoo until Wednesday that week.
Not that I knew Bindi would be getting married there that day though.
I had a sleepless night on Sunday and had awoken feeling like s#!t on Monday morning, plus I had forgotten to set my alarm clock and woke up too late to make a decent start to spend the time I would need to explore the zoo at a leisurely pace.
The forecast for Tuesday was potential rain, so I planned to put the zoo trip off until Wednesday, which in hindsight turned out to be an excellent choice, and the last day that the zoo would be open to the public, because of the Covid 19 virus rules enforced by the government.
Guess Where I Was Today?
The polling booth was located in Cronulla Court, which I was happy about:-)
The football team I have MADly supported for nearly my whole life
I hadn't payed much attention in the run up to these local council elections, all I knew was that I liked how the woman I voted for in the last elections was doing her job for the area, so I was just going to vote for her.
But what I forgot was that I wasn't living in her local council division anymore, and when I was walking into the polling booth it became obvious that the woman I was going to cast my vote for wasn't in my division anymore and I was going to have to come up with a "Plan B" quickly.
There were only two people I knew anything about in this division, one was the dinosaur lady who seemed to like the colour teal (or knew that was a popular marketing colour more like it;-) and seemed to model herself off Teal Swan.
Or the owner of my local Indian dine in or takeaway restaurant, whose policies I knew nothing about, except for a few clever slogans and some fake news about curry like the ones from
his restaurant's  Facebook page pictured below:-)
I voted for Teal Swan Mindy in the end, and then on Wednesday I headed up to Australia Zoo -
Eyes of the World: A New Mouse Pad in the Year of the Rat?
Teal's green eye
My green eye;-)
I hadn't been up to Australia Zoo for over a decade or more, and I don't recall ever seeing tigers on my last visit, so it was a while back for sure.
And another thing I don't recall seeing before is all of the dinosaurs scattered throughout Australia Zoo.
And there are heaps of them.
And to be honest I was kind of glad these things were wiped from the face of the Earth in that extinction event.
WTF?!
My heart nearly literally skipped a beat when I walked around the corner looking at my phone of the last photo I had taken, not really paying attention and then glanced up to see what I first thought was a Komodo dragon walking across my path.
You have no idea how relieved I was (nearly literally;-) when I realized that the lizard was made of fiberglass and not flesh:-)
Magick, Coincidence, Synchronicity and Lizards?
This one on my path was flesh, but I could handle it-)
As I was walking around the a near visitor empty zoo seeing these dinosaurs and thinking how glad I was that these things got wiped from the face of the Earth, it soon became apparent from the news on my phone that Australia Zoo would most likely be closing down with the rest of the theme parks the next day.
And with everything grinding to a halt across the planet I couldn't help thinking that 'Extinction RebelLION' would be roaring their asses off with laughter that a Corona-virus could achieve what they couldn't, by stopping the planes flying and the fossil fuels burning as much as they had been lately.
RebelLION?-)
I guess ER would be dancing in the streets on May the 1st this year in celebration ... that's if they were allowed:-)
No More Dancing in the Streets ... for a While?
And talk about irony, if not a bit of synchromysticism with the co-founder of ER Julian Roger Hallam being born on
Star Wars Day (May the 4th, 1966), and fellow co-founder
Gail Marie Bradbrook being born the day before
May Day (born 30 April 1972).
May Day would be 'The Next Day' after Gail's birthday, I guess?-)

Well, that's one event not happening on May Day now;-)
Did someone mention May the 1st;-)
Can't say I would miss a few Reptilians from the planet either;-)
Crikey!
Steve might have liked these creepy creatures, but I certainly don't!
Now that I look back at my photos of the past from March, 2020, I can't help but think of just how much things have changed in the world over just one month, and I hope by the end of 2020 I can come back and retrace some of my past memories here at the zoo.
We'll see?
Only time will tell I guess, right Stevo?-)

No comments:

Post a Comment