Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

April 19, 2020

Could Brené Brown Have Picked a Better Title for Her New Podcast Show in These Times of Covid 19 Lock-down?-)

I wrote a post last year about Brené Brown and another pod-cast show I listen to -
The Power of Vulnerability?
So I was interested to hear how Brené's new show would turn out when she finally got it up and running -
Introducing: Unlocking Us
I have to say that Brené couldn't have picked a more apt name for her podcast to reflect the time in 2020 it was launched.
Especially with 2020 hindsight, knowing that she picked the name before the virus became a thing in mainstream media and culture:-)
My favourite 'Unlocking Us' podcast episode so far is -
David Kessler and Brené on Grief and Finding Meaning
I have to confess though that I didn't listen to all of the episodes available and deliberately skipped some I have no interest in listening to, like Glennon Doyle, Tarana Burke and Alicia keys to name a few episodes.
Although maybe I shouldn't overlook Chelsea Handler's recommendation for Glennon Doyle's book;-)
The Secret Language of the Universe?
chelseahandler
“Do you like to have fun in the tub with learning?"
But the 'Unlocking Us' podcast featuring David Kessler I would highly recommend a listen to.
David's situation with grieving the death of a son reminds me of Brian from the 'Grief 2 Growth' podcast, who lost a daughter -
Think About Things ... and Dream?
And I couldn't help thinking if Guy Lawrence wasn't referring to those same stages of grief that David was talking about in his latest podcast episode -
The Guy Lawrence podcast: The 4 Key Stages Of Change
One thing I liked about David's talk with Brené was him mentioning the parable of the long spoons.
 Ironically, I was making a cup of coffee this morning and I couldn't reach the bottom of the coffee jar with my ordinary tea spoon.
Luckily I had a set of long spoons on hand to solve my own problem:-)
Seems like in these times of "mental health" strain that podcasts like Brené's and Guy's are becoming quite popular.
Sophie Hardcastle Spilling the Beanz Along with Osher on Their Mental Health in These Times of Covid 19 and Self-isolation?
Osher's podcast seems to be doing 'Better Than Yesterday', but getting a two page spread about it in my hometown newspaper probably helps more than any long spoon could I guess:-)
Back, After the Break ... LIVE?
I wrote an e-mail to Guy Lawrence telling him to try and get Osher onto his show, because I think Guy's show is just as good as Osher's ... or Brené's for that matter.
And who knows, Guy might just make it into that inner podcasting circle if he can get an interview from Osher?-)
The World (is a Giant Podcast Circle-Jerk) According to Josh Zepps?
And here is something my old mate David Plate might find amusing, that I only found out today that Brené's real first name is Casandra;-)
Yes Cassandra, Everything Predicts ... ?
Try to stay balanced in this stress-full world:-)
Sorry Cassandra I Misunderstood: Everything Predicts 9/11?

No comments:

Post a Comment