Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

April 26, 2020

ZOOM?

"Zoom takes its users' privacy, security, and trust extremely seriously."
My two sons asked me a few weeks back when the "lock-down" for the corona-virus started whether I would be interested in a three-way conversation over ZOOM.
I said back, "what's ZOOM?"
The only ZOOM I knew about when it came to cutting edge technology was the 'Fat Larry's Band' CD single I had sitting on my bookcase that I had been trying to give away to friends and relatives, when I did a big clean out of my stuff from the past, a few weeks back.     
Nobody wanted it though, because nobody owned a CD player.
I do own one, so I kept it for myself.
Damn those Luddites I say:-) 
Now even old timey rock bands like 'The Rolling Stones' are using ZOOM to get together and release "singles" -
The Rolling Stones Have Released Their First New Single in Eight Years, 'Living In A Ghost Town'?
Corona 19?-)
CORONAtion of the King?
Rumours intensify about Kim Jong-un’s seriously ill health as Chinese doctors are sent to treat him
My Heart Will Go On?
Formed by drummer and vocalist "Fat" Larry James (August 2, 1949 – December 5, 1987) in 1976, the band included trumpeter/flautist Art Capehart, guitarists Ted Cohen and Tony Middleton, vocalists Freddie Campbell (1952 – January 19, 2013) and Darryl Grant, saxophonist Doug Jones, bassist Larry La Bes, trombonist/alto saxophonist Jimmy Lee, and keyboardist Erskine Williams.
The band's biggest hits were
"Act Like You Know" (which appears on the Grand Theft Auto: Vice City soundtrack) and "Zoom", which reached number 2 on the UK Singles Chart in October 1982.

Fat Larry's Band had three other hits in the UK: "Center City", "Boogie Town", and "Lookin' for Love".
On December 5, 1987,

James died from a heart attack at the age of 38.
As a result the band folded.

Just sayin':-)

No comments:

Post a Comment